Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:16 PM
Find More Posts by CFIMEI
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jan 2005
776 Posts
Speedo 1.43 Wing Infirmity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
A little wing flex is OK in my book. Makes it more "scale" like. And if it flexes and doesn't break, then it is a good sign ....
-Wayne
Interesting Orwellian "1984" type analysis; bad is good, war is peace, up is down, etc., etc.

Not to continue this discussion too much further but this reminds me of a gas gauge problem I encountered in a fairly new Toyota truck recently. Fuel gauge was remarkably accurate for four years, then suddenly it quit indicating any fuel usage until about 100 miles or 1/4 tank down. Then it would drop & continue toward empty with good tracking. Took in in for fix under warranty (2 day stay) but the new gauge was half as bad as the one replaced, not showing any fuel drop until about 60 miles from top-off. Mentioned it to the service manager on next interval & he said, "That's the way they're supposed to work". I asked him if he were telling me that a career Japanese engineer, when asked to design a cost-effective gas gauge, intended for production by the millions, would intentionally have the thing lie to drivers for the first 1/4 of its indicating range? He sheepishly replied in the negative & I said I really didn't want to leave the truck for another 2 days & would just live with the problem. Technical snow jobs work better on old ladies!

Richard
CFIMEI is offline Find More Posts by CFIMEI
Last edited by CFIMEI; Jun 09, 2012 at 01:30 PM.