View Single Post
Old Jun 09, 2012, 08:08 AM
Find More Posts by kingconsulting
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
924 Posts
Earl we were supposed to ignore Let the gas can run dry and you can't start fires.

By the way another vote.

If I take my own design and convert it for a laser cutter I would say that is still from scratch? I know it's on the edge but the forum will, as you said, there will be areas of distinction that need to be made. Would laser cutting be more like a kit? If it is your design I don't think so.

Would this forum include building from plans as acceptable? Would be more toward the kit area I guess?

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
Okay-we have been discussing definitions,generally ,lately.
Last night ,at our club eat 'n fly,Rich brought out his new 8' Telemaster.Rich is a well rounded builder,for many years..His stable includes rubber power to 100cc giants.
The after-flight discussion included his build.He had bought stock balsa sheet and strip to build with,as most of us do.
He had the wing ribs laser cut,by a fledgling company in the Midwest.

Should we discuss this combination of building in the new forum? Can this be defined as a "scratch" build? How far will we go to limit the exposure of mixed building to newbies wanting to learn?
We accept that very few folks saw their own balsa trees,so we buy 'preformed' materials,which is acceptable.Will we establish laser cutting as 'normal' in a scratch build?

What I'm trying to determine is, do we limit laser cutting to just kits,or accept the freedom of options in scratch building?

I have my answer already-we want to hear yours.
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting