View Single Post
Old Jun 06, 2012, 12:12 PM
Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Don't be too jealous Plow......I got a friendly reminder (phone call from the missus) to watch the calories......so I had these vegetarian burgers instead....bleahhh ... . Ice water instead of beer and the margarita will have to wait until this evening. I really truly believe I'd rather die of a massive stroke than to eat like this the rest of my day! How does one abandon a life-long interest in and love for charcuterie? These sausages are/were made with love......the cubed pork and beef...both fall harvested and aged appropriately...I even picked the acorns to finish off the pig the last two weeks before butchering...the garlic, sage, and other home grown herbs were bruised just enough to impart a delicate kiss of flavor without overpowering this meat medley, which is lovingly packed into porcine intestine of the very animal that gave it's life for this endeavor.....and OH, when they cook amongst wisps of smoke over a charcoal fire......they sweat these clear beads of fat that fall upon the hot embers intensifying the flavor that should soon be upon one's lips. You know you want it.....when the natural casing splits and the outside of the cooked sausage yields a satisfying crunch and an orgasmic burst of hot, spicy, juices fills your mouth! It's all gotta be worth it .......grab your chest man.....indulge!

Kerwin......I keep telling ya......I can't do much, but I can cook and you're welcome at any meal anytime!
Snowman, you should audition for Next Food Network Star - you've got the vocubulary chops for it for sure!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974