View Single Post
Old Jun 03, 2012, 11:13 PM
Find More Posts by templton89
United States, NY, Kings County
Joined Nov 2011
418 Posts
Tim, that wing looks AMAZING! Looks super clean, like something you'd pay $100+ in ARF configuration

I've been playing around with ideas, tried stripping paper from both sides of the sheet and covering both sides in tape. With tape on both sides it's still lighter than just foam+paper.
I've tried building 40" Estratos with EDF and prop configurations. Also I completely destroyed my bajiwing and bajijet by playing around with different motors, landing gear etc. Looks like I went through 30 sheets of foam in just about 2-3 months by building stuff for myself and my friends.
I've learned quite a lot from all of those builds as well as scratchbuild university thread, and now I'm ready to build a better, stronger, lighter, fast, and more efficient wings.

Meanwhile here is a super simple and light landing gear option.
I bought some 40mm and 35mm wheels from hobbypartz. The ones you see in pictures are 35mm (1 1/8" diameter).
I got super lucky, found a bunch of wire coat hangers at work. There is design/tailoring studio next door and they threw out a whole lot of them. I'm set for life now. Glued between two halves of foam. Each one weighs 5 grams .
Could be mounted to a giftcard with doublesided tape, or simply glued to the bottom of the plane.
templton89 is offline Find More Posts by templton89