View Single Post
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by peterreebok
Australia, VIC, Ferntree Gully
Joined Nov 2010
203 Posts
worlds slowest build.

I might get an award for the worlds slowest build, but it will get together.

I had a stroke last year, so the model is part of the therapy required to make my left hand work again.

am building about 5 models at the one time, and with flying helis, and learning to fly planes as well, my time is well taken up, apart from family stuff.

Fuselage is together, started on the wing yesterday, and was mightily impressed with the way it slots together. Seems like it is real hard to assemble it wrong, as it either fits or it doesnt.
Have found that some of the wing parts are not labelled, and a cup of tea was required to look carefully at the plans and pictures before trying to assemble anything. Found everything though!. well except for the strengtheners in W8 for the aileron servos. wasnt a biggie, just went up to the local hobby shop and bought some 1/64 ply and custom made these parts.

I am using a magnetic build board I cobbled up myself, and it is going together very straight and true.
Patience is a virtue, which I am finding out, but having spent almost a year learning how to do up a shirt button, or hold a fork, am glad I am taking the time with this build.

For its price, it is a very well crafted piece of work. I am very appreciative of the work that went into this PRIOR to releasing it as a kit.
I would recommend a MM kit as how a kit should be presented.
peterreebok is online now Find More Posts by peterreebok