Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by GGoodrum
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caruda View Post
Hi,

I have 2 MAJOR problems with gimbal setup that blocks me from using HoverFly Gimbal.

1. Pan/Yaw axis stabilization doesn't work. It seems that functionality is not implemented and it is disabled in setup utility.
2. I use HoverFly Gimbal with helicopter and AV200-360. When I test it on ground it works fine. But when it flies it doesn't maintain tilt and roll levels. I turn the gimbal or helicopter to right and it rotates both tilt and roll servos out of level. When I rotate Pan back to initial position it levels Tilt and Roll correctly. When I move Pan to opposite direction situation is the same but the angles of tilt and roll are opposite.

On ground - works. In air - doesn't work.

Michael
I too am seeing a weird coupling between the yaw and roll axis. It starts out fine, but a soon as you yaw the platform, it changes the roll angle. Yawing clockwise makes the camera rotate clockwise in the roll axis, and yawing counter-clockwise makes the camera rotate counter-clockwise. You can see the horizon tilt in the video below, when I yaw left or right of the original heading.

AG550-PJ 2-Axis PJ710V Gimbal Test-10.mov (4 min 23 sec)

I've tried changing everything possible in the configuration app, but it doesn't appear to be anything I can disable. Anybody else seeing this problem?

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum