I'd Rather Be Flying
Stockton CA
Joined Feb 2009
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
Hey all,
Been a very crazy week.......

I just about have my new riser done for my electronics. Birger's way to go with my out board wings is really the only way to go. I am broke again on my hobby budget so that will be slow coming. Work has smothered me again and once I do my family thing I have no time for my planes. The Emmaselle is down for maintenance on the main gear, my axle is showing small stress cracks and I need to upgrade to a stronger aluminum or go to steel.

Also this was e-mail to me Sorry for the bad word at the end of the video this is not my video and I can not edit it(Mute the sound down if the kids are around)......
http://youtu.be/zuDTarHe1xw

Rock ON!!!!

DAG
I've seen simular videos on other lipo related threads. Lipos can catch fire but I have yet to hear of one that did for no reason at all. There was always a reason. (mishandling, crash damage, being dropped, incorrect charging, kids with hammer and nail etc) The results can be anything from a toasted model to an entire house burned to the ground. I store mine in fireproof containers but I'd like to build a fireproof lockbox I can put outside. They might get pretty warm in the summer but at least if one goes off it will be outside. I'd like to see the paint job on the vehicle downwind that the smoke was blowing by in a few weeks. I've heard that even the smoke is very corrosive.
RCBlackSheep is offline Find More Posts by RCBlackSheep