Old May 31, 2012, 02:35 PM
Find More Posts by seefest
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
Seefest,

Seeing that you are so far advanced in both experience and equipment, why are you even bothering with what you call an inferior product?? Sounds to me you already have most of the high end R/C products already in your hanger.

I'm certain your analysis is accurate... but for me personally, I do NOT wish to make a major financial investment just to discover this hobby's not for me. From what I've read, and the videos I've seen, this little F45 appears to be a great value for the money.

I have no plans to mod this copter - I simply want to FLY it. If I find I enjoy the hobby then I will, at some time in the future, invest in more sophisticated helis, TX's, etc.

Someone already posted comments about welcoming the negative along with the positives - I also wish to know both sides! The more we learn about our birds, the better prepared we are to deal with the weaknesses and enhance our enjoyment of what we own at the present time - So thank you for the information.

Fly safe,

... Lennie

I fly fixed pitch helis in my house and my small backyard. It's much more relaxing flying a fixed pitch than always being "on edge" with a CP heli. My CP heli's I bring to the field to fly. I also like the idea of aerial photgraphy.....wanted to take a few pictures of my house and property from the air. (without spending a bundle)

I don't think I called the F45 an inferior product, just the opposite actually.

Its a good, very durable heli, that flies well. Its only drawback in my opinion is the radio. It doesn't match the quality of the heli which is very good. Thats why I have asked if the Turnigy 9X would bind to it, and have yet to receive an answer yes or no. I'm assuming no.

Would I buy it again? Yes I would. Would I recommend it to someone else? Yes I would. Would I give it a 100% glowing review like the OP did........I would not. Nothing in life is 100% and this heli is no different.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest