Joined Jun 2011
3,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
Lol, nah, we are really not that important
Agreed

Quote:
and you'd be surprised to find out where I live for sure.
Go on then - where? PM me if you don't want to write it here - you have me curious now. If you're in Japan I'd like to have you take a look and see if together we can get my RX801 to work with Devo7 or if it's forever doomed to be Devo 8+ only.

Quote:
But you'll have to understand that many issues are only really problems because people fail to see the solution or act accordingly, not because it's impossible to solve.
Or that people don't fully understand the actual problem (sometimes through no fault of their own - it could be due to a poor explanation).

Quote:
Somehow I find it strange that you claim to basically know the solution, yet haven't solved the problem.
I have totally solved the problem with Devo 10 TX and RX801. I calibrated my FC to the RX/TX combo and it worked just fine.

Quote:
I'll trust you will acknowledge my comments as being drenched in stubborness,
Not drenched, but there is some there (some here too).

Quote:
but with the utmost respect. We're both in this for the fun of RC, there's no reason to fight.
Not fighting, just we seem to be at cross-purposes. You were telling me how to solve a problem I didn't actually have and then criticising/wondering why I hadn't used your answer to fix my problem and failing to understand that it was not my issue.

Earlier in the thread I'll admit that I was rubbed the wrong way by your comments based on a friends experiences and youtube videos that you were right and I was wrong - despite the fact that I had the hardware in front of me and I had tried multiple ESCs, throttle stick, trim and bind plug combinations to get it to work.

Eventually, I think I managed to convince you that it wasn't just me being a muppet and that actually my RX801 stubbornly refuses to bind to my Devo 7.
But still not really ready to budge on your 'it's all Devo so it must work and you're doing something wrong.' attitude. It wasn't helped by Walkera's lack of consistency of answer either.

I'm now just curious about where you live and if you were to try would you have the same result with my gear. I'm pretty certain you would. But seriously, if you're just up the road/Shinkansen track - lets try it together.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm