View Single Post
Old May 27, 2012, 03:51 PM
Find More Posts by ec12nz
New Zealand, Wellington, Paraparaumu
Joined May 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
This will be a great coup for the ARYA
Sorry to rain on the regatta but not so.

When the first Morgan Black was organised by some here in NZ (I was involved in this) and then held in NZ in 2006 it was agreed amongst those attending that the event should become a triennial event with the next to be held in USA in 2009 (tick that off) followed by Australia in 2012. There was to be no formal commitee or organisition other than the belief that an enthisiastic local EC12 crew would sort it out and just make it happen without politics and boll*cks. The gentlemans discussion way back in 2005 and 2006 from where this event was born was that if it looks like an EC12, is registered in its home country as an EC12, then it could and should particpate - no need for National Bodies to be involved or to take control of.

Both events held so far have been organised in this manner - it just so happened that here in NZ and also in the USA the class owners organised it and had support here in NZ of the Owners Association and in the USA the support of the AMYA Class Secretary. Neither National Body had anything to do with the events being organised or happening.

Due to ructions and debates this has been delayed for 12 months to Feb 2013 in Australia. The ARYA IMHO have had sweet FA to do with organising or getting the event to Australia and given the state of play should have input either. The decison that the 2012 event in Australia to be held was made between some friends at the side of a pond - nothing to do with ARYA!

For those that have been to both events so far (and there are only 4 people - me, 1 other in NZ and 2 from the US) this method of event organistaion should remain for this event - a bunch of like minded people gathering at any location and having a play with their toys and then someone there saying - yup I'll sort out the next one. SIMPLE IS AND SIMPLE WORKS.
ec12nz is offline Find More Posts by ec12nz
Last edited by ec12nz; May 27, 2012 at 03:58 PM.