RFD900 - Long range radio modem
Update - Multipoint software is now available!, please see our website or RFD900 product page for details.
I would like to introduce you to a new radio modem that we developed for very long range datalinks!
The RFD900 radio modems and accessories are now available at:
(RFDesign - Australia)
(JDrones - Thailand)
(Event38 - USA)
Some of the key features of the RFD900 are as follows:
- Multipoint link capable for multiple GCS stations and single air station with Mavlink
- Easy to use, no adaptor or interface boards required
- Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup
- 2 x RP-SMA RF connectors, diversity switched.
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power, 1dB steps.
- Air data rates programmable from 4k to 250kbit/s
- Serial data rates from 2400 to 115200 baud.
- Integrated Transmit low pass filter.
- >20dB Low noise amplifier.
- On board RX SAW filter.
- Passive front end band pass filter.
- Open source firmware (V1.x) / tools, field upgradeable, easy to configure.
- Windows based configuration tools available.
- Small (30 x 57 x 13 mm), light weight (14.5g including heatsink).
- Compatible with 3DR / Hope-RF radio modules.
- License free use in Australia, Canada, USA, NZ.
These modems are designed to support long range applications, while being easy to use and affordable.
They are 100% compatible with 900MHz Hope-RF based radios (3DR) and similar.
These modems have been flying in various platforms and have demonstrated excellent performance in real applications.
A couple of Outback challenge UAV entries are testing these radios for long range communications
RFD900 modems are expected to be available in a few weeks time, before the end of June in production quantities.
Support within APM planner and the radio configurator from Michael Oborne is already available.
It works seamlessly with APM planner, all radio Mavlink parameters are available.
Will keep you posted with updates on performance, availability and in the meantime if you would like any more info, let us know!