Thread: New Product Extreme Flight 48 inch Laser EXP
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2012, 02:19 AM
Find More Posts by bigroger
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Hate to say it mate, but if thats the case, hobbyking must have had the factory Chris uses build their recent planes.

That cross fuse structure to mount the wings, the motor box design and the wing recess area is exactly the same functional design in the recent hobbyking planes.

If it was the same factory as the previous EF EXP planes then why such a dramatic deviation from engineering design?? The carbon braces on the motor box, the flush mount wings, the cross fuse brace, etc were quite impressive components of the EF planes I thought.

Does the laser have G10 face on the motor mount plate? I know the Hobbyking planes do not have it?

It does seem to me that a lot of the exp features that we know and love and might I say, are heavily publicised in your blog Doc as selling points of the EF EXP planes are gone from the laser construction. Leading me to believe they had changed factories, and unfortunately, given the current financial crisis and the success of the EXP features could only mean it was done for cost reduction reasons.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger