Old May 26, 2012, 02:16 AM
Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
13,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
I hate to say this but Chris seems to have gone across to the same plane builder that hobbyking have used in several of their recent launches, ie, the Edge, the Domin8trix and the 51" slick360.
Or possibly HK has gone to the same factory that builds the EXPs?.. It's undeniable that there are spookily similar features between the Laser and the latest HK models.

I don't mean this as a criticism by the way... the latest HK models have some very nice design details, only slightly let down is lack of development time to sort out the flying behaviour, which I'm sure is an area Chris will have sorted out making the final product much better.

Steve

PS.. Doc, Good build blog. On the recessed wing cut outs (one of those spookily similar features by the way) it might be worth noting for the future to cut the covering slightly inside the edges of the recess (5mm or so) and seal this into the recess with a covering iron. Reason being is that the wing root is likely to be very slightly smaller than the recess in a few places and if you cut the covering right back to the edges then you might see wood... A trivial little detail that probably wont bother most people but i think you (like me) have a big perfectionist streak through you.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer