View Single Post
Old May 25, 2012, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by sweeteye
United States, OH, Salem
Joined Dec 2011
142 Posts
Build Log
Nieuport 17 foam scratch build

Here is what I have so far.....Guess I have the basic construction finished other than the struts,cowl and landing gear...Will glue the struts and wings in place after I have the electrical components installed and the pushrods in place.Wings and fuselage are made from 3mm foam sheet...struts will be made from balsa.Going to thin the wings some by sanding them down....Put a bit of camber in the wings by making some ribs and then glueing them to the underside of the wings....will trim the ribs down flush with the underside of the wings.The receiver is from a Vapor model and the motor is a parkzone brand : 6mm UM J-3.....I believe that is what would go in their micro P-51 and the like.So far things seem alright to me overall....lower wing may be a bit wide and the horizontal stabilizer not quite long enough from end to end but for now should be alright...Not going to be real particular about complete scale accuracy....My main concern is that the wings,tail feathers, and fuselage are properly aligned and the wings have an appropriate angle of attack.Going to start going through some different historical paint jobs and decide on one....
sweeteye is offline Find More Posts by sweeteye
Last edited by sweeteye; May 26, 2012 at 07:37 AM.