View Single Post
Old May 25, 2012, 08:29 AM
Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
Pile-it
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Nov 2007
1,827 Posts
Thanks for the info, sounds like you are pretty happy with it. I like the idea of being able to cut covering when I want, so that's the attraction for me. I have a laser as well and have cut covering on it, but it doesn't do as good of a job as I'd like. Plus with complex designs, you can't get the transfer tape down on the covering because it lifts immediately, so that's not fun.

Cheers
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
It comes with a one year license for SignCut which was very useful. When it expired I went to SignBlazer, also free (well, the owner died and so it has an infinite trial mode) and for design I mostly use the freebee Inkscape for making SVGs and I have also used CorelDraw which I have for my lasercutting

My machine had a problem when it arrived. one of the roller blocks had gotten out of position during shipping. The Tech support guy figured it out and I was able to fix it and get it all aligned and tuned. I use it in my workshop so I took the "office carpet" wheels off and put Harbor Freight 3" rubber casters on it and it rolls around through the shop debris fine now. I've been buying Oracal from a local sign shop for about $20 for a 10 yard 15" wide roll and it cuts and weeds like a dream. It's nice to be able to cut wider widths but you can still cut monocoat trim sheets if you want. I have cut contact paper rolls on it to use the backing as paint masks. I'm glad I bought it and have found lots of uses that wouldn't justify a machine but were helpful since I had it. if came with three blades and I am still using the first one and I've probably put 60 yards of vinyl through it for this and that
Alien_Tech is online now Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
RCG Plus Member