View Single Post
Old May 25, 2012, 02:31 AM
Find More Posts by Flying V
Porro et Sursum
Australia, New South Wales, Lismore
Joined Oct 2010
174 Posts
Nice recovery Idle. I like how you are resigned to losing it in the paddock again. lol
I probably need something similar. I recently put my 1100mm f6f into a massive gumtree at about 140kph, man what a boom. I took about 30 mins to find it, peering up into the branches.

Mine Skyfun arrived today from the Aussie warehouse. Ordered about 11pm Tues night. Had it at 10 am today. Hobby King, you're allllllright.(in Australia that is, Intl is diabolically slow but cheap as). Anyway super stoked!

Now for the build. I am going with plenty of uhu por I think, and will epoxy in a carbon spar, put on mg14s through the top of the wings, and replace the elevons with balsa ones. Hell I may even glass it after a couple of runs and fit a 2500 watt beast.

The fit on my canopy leaves a lot to be desired. It is sitting up about 3 or 4 mm and rough moulding remnants everywhere, whinge whine.

All good, the local skyartec rep was flogging them off for $195au, albeit with a rx, dodgy tx and tiny lipo, and I paid 70 for the hk version.
Wanted a kit but was too impatient and forked over the extra readies for the junky electronics.

Cheers lads. Avagoodweekend
Flying V is offline Find More Posts by Flying V