I put guys on the spreaders and drilled the holes for the stays in the job-boom.
The collars came in the mail, so I went to work on the tiller. I cut the thick copper sheet I've used for other things, like Constellation's
tiller, and shaped it and cleaned it up. I soldered the collar to the end with the set screw off-set to one side so I could access it with an allen wrench.
The copper tiller was curved to match the wooden one and the two are epoxied together with a couple of screws to make sure.
The wooden tiller overlaps the collar and I cut down the rudder post to match. I'll fashion a dummy rudder head to hide the collar, but still allow access to the set screw.
I finally found a spot to photograph the model where the masts don't get lost in the background clutter.
I fastened in the mast-steps temporarily - they'll get epoxied and screwed in place eventually.
I cut the top masts, but the wood bowed and I can't use them. I took a picture with them sitting on the masts.