View Single Post
Old May 21, 2012, 08:29 PM
Find More Posts by 43851E
College Station, TX
Joined Jul 2009
882 Posts
Ken,

And you used to have one? Wow. I have to keep you in my file, a rare find you are Sir. May I ask, have you any pictures, or perhaps do you remember the color scheme? Did you build it from the kit? How did you finish it out? Did you use the recommended silk & dope?

The Czechs had 5ea 526AS planes as a team all different colors constructed for the world aerobatic championships. (I'm quoting from the origional building instructions written by Maxey Hester on Pg.1)

You got the juices stiring. I just sent them an email referencing this thread. So one might say the "FEDs" are watching! Addressing some basic concerns. I won't copy & paste their reply, just their bullit points.

How old that core is, is a good & valid concern. Heck, I might as well design a copy built up wing or work hard to copy a pair of the origionals cores. Lets see what they say. And thanks for your reply as well friend!

Some build data- currently the fuse weighs 14Oz. The wing 28 Oz. So far total weight is 32 Oz. Back to the shop....

DC
43851E is offline Find More Posts by 43851E
Last edited by 43851E; May 21, 2012 at 08:49 PM.