View Single Post
Old May 21, 2012, 01:05 PM
Find More Posts by Jimn8uay
JimN8UAY
United States, OH, Medina
Joined Oct 2004
684 Posts
Excellent day of flying this past Sunday! It was good to see some of the regulars again. Thanks to those who attended and helped out with setup and break down. The field is in excellent shape and although a few horseflies bugged us and the temps were a bit warm, it turned into a nice thermal day.

The sky was up all over and wasn't too hard to make times, if that's what you needed. I was working on "catch and release" as much as possible. Find a good core of lift then bring it down and relaunch or move out across the sky and try to find another patch. Great practice. I was also a bit concerned with the range on my FrSky module in the Genie so I didn't push the limits. After having a tough time with the system in the plane on Tuesday, I reworked the wiring, placement of antennas and battery and had better results this time. I need to build up some confidence before I commit it to anything bigger. It should be fine on the slope and with DLG, just a bit skeptical with the far range stuff.

Only a couple of attempts were made at the landing tape with my best effort being a 20 (boy do I need practice!), so I still have a couple of T-shirts to give away next time! Ken did a bit of damage to the tail fin/fuse of his Sagitta on one attempt but it looks repairable and hope to see it out flying again soon!

Thanks to Ken and Craig for bringing the EZ up canopies, the shade was greatly appreciated! Although we didn't tax the equipment much, the new battery worked fine. Never pulled a turnaround out of the ground before; that was a new experience!

Otherwise, a nice start to the Summer Soaring Series; it sure felt like summer!
Next event is Sunday June 10th and hope to see you then.

Jim C
Jimn8uay is offline Find More Posts by Jimn8uay
Last edited by Jimn8uay; May 21, 2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: grammar