View Single Post
Old May 20, 2012, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by crazhorse
United States, TX, Lindale
Joined Apr 2003
911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
Got the 550 pretty much built , ended up installing Power HD digital HD-3688HB servos on the cyclic and a Futaba S9257 on the tail.
A Tarot ZYX 3 axis FBL unit , a Hobbywing Platinum 80amp ESC , a Moxie AX-3026 880Kv motor and running it off a 3000mah 6s 20C battery.

I ended up replacing the main gear with an Align helical 134t main and an 11t pinion and an Align tail slider and slider arm on the tail.

Other then those and the head and tail boom stretch it is a stock HK 500.

It flies great I still need to tune on it a little to tune out a small tail wag I had the first couple times I've flown it.
Hoping the weather will straighten up and the wind will let up a littl to get it and my stretched 700 to the field and shot some video of both.
How did those servos work out for you on the cyclic ? After trashing my gaui 550 (forgot to check my pitch curve, it came down real quick and parts went to flying) it looks like I'll have to do a stretch on my 500 for my jet ranger build I had originally ordered 3 of those servos (power hds) for my 500 blackhawk build, but got to reading they werent good as cyclic servos, so I used them for tail servos on a couple of my helis. After crashing the 550 and it cutting the servo wires in half during the mishap I'm going to need some more cyclic servos for my blackhawk. I got some solar digitals to go on the 500 which were intended for the blackhawk fuse. I may go with another set of solar digitals on it as well.
crazhorse is offline Find More Posts by crazhorse
Last edited by crazhorse; May 20, 2012 at 03:25 PM.