Today, or rather yesterday, the bowsprit was made 8-sided from just outside the hull to the tip.
Then from just past the end of the head-knee to the tip, it was made round.
Cut the tenon in the end
Installed the shear-pin through the forward bitts - just like the real one had.
Put a coat of paint on everything and made a cap.
Then I tried to figure out what the bees should look like. Couldn't find anything in the book, but I knew I had a photo of the bowsprit from aloft somewhere, so I went digging. I actually found the 110 negatives and scanned them straight off.
I cleaned them up, fixed odd angles, and placed them in proper order on a web page