View Single Post
Old May 18, 2012, 12:05 PM
Find More Posts by Joe 1320
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
Maybe this explains partly why we require much more of our online vendors, but are relaxed towards our LHS.
I doubt it. When you visit a local hobby shop, you have the part in hand for inspection. If you are buying a lipo, you can open it on the spot and see if it's puffed, no hobby shop that I've ever seen would object to a quick test and inspection before leaving the shop. Same goes for inspecting parts, kits, etc. Failure to check before you leave makes the transportation costs the responsability of the purchaser.

When dealing with places on the other side of the world, it complicates things dramatically. They can ADVERTISE that they check things, but the reality is that they can send junk out the door and you're on the hook to accept it or pay to ship it back. Hobby king's advertisements are funny. On their customer support battery Warranty section, they claim that all lipos are checked before leaving. I would love to see that in action. LOL.

Too bad Hobby King doesn't offer web cam viewing of their operation. That would be a hoot. It would be neat to watch your order being packed and shipped.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Last edited by Joe 1320; May 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM.