View Single Post
Old May 16, 2012, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by Eagle202
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Ah. Got it. I am betting that you have one like the one below. It was used with some number of V2's. Oh, don't slice the fuselage - It is not necessary. Take a common table knife (dull type) and gently tease the fuselage apart from the tip of the nose. It should come apart fairly easily. Most Sky Surfer fuselages are held together with double-sided scotch (cello?) tape. After removing weight, you should probably use another piece of double-sided tape or just CA it back together or ??-your choice. Let me know how it goes.
AJ
P.S. If CA was originally used to join the fuselage halves together; then, surgery is required - Get out the #11 blade.
AJ

I think you nailed it. I do have a V2. Since I have had a number of "nose hits" I have added clear packing tape along the top and bottom fuse seam. I will have to cut into that to take it apart but I don't know how fragile the nose will be when I cut the tape.

What I was thinking about was to go thru the internal wall between the cockpit and the space that holds the weight. It is no longer glued in place so should be easy to remove once i have a big enough hole. That would also enlarge the space for the larger 2200mah battery.

Vince
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202