View Single Post
Old May 16, 2012, 12:30 PM
Find More Posts by Dreweskritt
Joined May 2012
39 Posts
Discussion
Dynam Li-Po 2-3 cell balance charger.. fixed

Hey everyone. just new to the threads today. I recently bought a used dynam cessna 310, my first electric flyer. I used to fly nitro planes with my Dad around ten yrs ago, but not since. My flying skills are still good.
With the cessna I got a 2200mah li-po battery and a dynam balance charger. Did a flight and pooched the battery as I didnt know any better... So then I went and bought another battery, was already charged and went flying again knowing better not to fry the battery. Brought it home, threw it on the charger and only had 2 outta 3 cells fully charge, came up around 10.1 volts.. charger was overheating as well.
So i went and did hours of research and reading about other peoples experiences and learned I'll need a new charger. But for now I took apart the balance charger.. found a few semi-bad aolder spots on the board and re-did them. Tried the charger again and wow now my battery is at 12.2 volts .
So when your dynam balance charger craps out.. it can be fixed.. I'll update if this turns to be a temporary thing.
Dreweskritt is offline Find More Posts by Dreweskritt