Old May 14, 2012, 07:31 PM
Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post
The 250 gyro tray is not trimmed at all, I was amazed at how good of a fit it was, the rear of the plate has those indents that lined up perfectly with the curve of the 120 frame, it actually snaps in there and holds. Only mod is the hole and slots to mount the motor.

The 120 frame is modified, first by gravity, I had a battery tray attached to the front of the frame holding a 850mah battery and it snapped off at the landing gear holders on a hard landing... Then to get the gyro tray to sit flush I removed some of the lip on the underside of the frame. I used 3 small screws to attach the plate to the 120 frame, 1 in the back and 1 ea. to the frame near the front landing gear holders.
I went ahead and ordered the gyro tray as it would cost as much or more to start with a uncut square. I'm excited to get all the parts together because I think I'm going to really make this a super heli. I've been trying and trying to figure out what motor would be an upgrade for the tail. I think that I've decided that the mCP X main motor may work. Have you tried any other tail motors?

Sax
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000