View Single Post
Old May 13, 2012, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by chucksolo69
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
5,064 Posts
I transport my FB Stratos with my seats folded down in my 2011 Mustang. I agree with Firemouth, only I did iit in reverse. I bought and flew the FB Stratos and then bought the Champ. The Champ is amazing. If it is a windless day the Champ is a joy to fly. I flew mine on 3 batteries today at a local ball field without one crash and this is only my second time flying it. First two time I just landed in the grass with no power by gliding in and the plane hit the ground and nosed over on the prop. No problem because the grass is kinda tall and the prop just sort of got cushioned by it when it hit. The third time I flew her, I decided to land her on the infield dirt. I made a perfect 3 point landing. I was so elated that I pumped the air with my fist. I have no damage to the plane yet at all. I am pretty new at airplanes although I have been flying helis for about 6 years now. The Champ was so relaxing and enjoyable to fly that I know I had a stupid grin on my face the whole time. Both these Hobby Zone planes, the FB Stratos and the Champ have been a great welcome to the RC airplane hobby to me.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69