View Single Post
Old May 13, 2012, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
1,824 Posts
Sorry Guys, should have given more info...
sebbe - Yes it was with 5S...which is what worries me about the temp of the motor and
it was with the 7x13 folders. Don't know if the long motor wires are causing it or what... timing was set low per the motor maker and switching is at 12. Might have to punch another hole behind the wing to let more air out. Had hoped to get this motor to 7S.

Steve - Not sure how to answer your question and here is why...my experience with speed planes is with modified (glass carbon ect) Strykers 150+ and with 400 class pylon planes pushed to about 150. This plane is larger and handles much differently (still isn't flying solid...working on CG and incidences). Until I get the bugs worked out and get some "Good" doppler runs I really can't say for sure how fast I think it is going because I just don't have any reference yet.
It drives me crazy when guys say they think their plane is doing 200, video it, then when you listen to and see the video you wonder what he had in his coffee that morning.
Tomorrow if the weather is good and this stinking wind dies down (30mph for nearly three days) will try and get some actual speed runs.
arcticflyer is offline Find More Posts by arcticflyer