View Single Post
Old May 06, 2012, 08:50 AM
Find More Posts by **neons**
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
3,050 Posts
That is a tough situation. I have had my share of planes in trees. I started out using a spin fishing pole. It worked well when there was no low bushes or trees nearby so I could get a good cast up and over the tree. I shot many old spark plugs up there. Some still hanging like Xmas ornaments. The idea was to get a fine fishing line over the offending branch or the plane. After getting to that point and the weight back to the ground I tie on a heavier 1/8 inch line and feed it over. Tie one end down solid and a nice stick on the other end nd pull like crazy, The branch will sway like in a wind storm and you may get it to fall to a lower branch or the ground. One time I sent up a heavy line afterwards and tied it to my truck hitch and broke the branch. Of course I was only 75 feet up on that one and 2 days to finally get it. If room allowed a surf fishing pole would make easy work of it with the heavier weight sinker and line. I have seen them cast here about 300 to 400 feet

I now use a slingshot. I have the new surgical type with wrist support. It is more accurate to shoot lines. I have a 4 inch bolt through the front Y with 2 nuts to jam against each other. I use a plastic spool of fishing line slipped on the bolt facing forward. This works like a spinning reel. Tie a couple of nuts on it and keep trying to fire over the target. I once got a friends plane after I shot through his wing. Your plane at 90 feet vertical it would be pushing the limit with 3 to 6lb fishing line. I wish I new someone that was a good archer. A much better chance of firing over

Good luck on this one..

**Neons** Bob
**neons** is offline Find More Posts by **neons**