View Single Post
Old May 05, 2012, 09:53 AM
Find More Posts by eflightray
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
15,392 Posts
Would the Truly Balsa Scratch Built forum be for electric only, or any power ?

Who would post in there ?, when there are so many forums already related to what the type of plane is. Would all the FPV builders who build using balsa, prefer to use the Balsa forum or the FPV forum ?, (my guess would be the FPV).

I have built models in balsa and in foam, love both materials, and would be quite happy to see the type of material used dropped from all the forums titles. The type of power used as a split seems logical, but not the material the model was built in.

There is a thread in the Builders Workshop that raised the point of 'How do we bring model building back ?', which seemed to bring out some anti-foam, anti-ARF comments, as though balsa was the only true material to use. To me there are all model planes, what they get built from, (or even what material they are when bought ARF), doesn't matter. Building is building, there shouldn't be an 'elitist', or 'snobbery' value in what people build or what material is used, or particularly whether built or bought.

Anyone with a question on how to build has plenty of forums to choose from, plus usually plenty of answers whatever the material they want to use. Many many modelers, use all sorts of material.

Just my personal view
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Last edited by eflightray; May 05, 2012 at 09:59 AM.