View Single Post
Old May 04, 2012, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by JerryTodd
SCALE Sailor
United States, MD, Severna Park
Joined Apr 2008
1,860 Posts
I finally nailed down where the rudder servo will go. I decided to drop it in the cabin, but as far aft as I could make it so it wouldn't be in the way of servicing the motor.

It's mounted in a tray of aircraft ply that is suspended below deck level by a couple of wood blocks glued under the cabin side stringers. The tray is held by a pair of screws so it's removable.

The focs'l hatch lid got a hinge and a coat of primer. It sort of snaps shut, but it'll get a magnet to hold it just to be sure.

I made a paper mock-up of the mains'l so I could get a feel for how much travel the main sheet will need. There's going to be a lot of sail on this baby! I plan to set main, fore, jackyard tops'l, fore tops'l, t'gallant, forestays'l, jib, and maybe the flying jib. I marked all the 1:20 measurements on the sail plan, I'll figure out the sail area later.

I need to open the hole for the prop shaft and install the stuffing box, etc. I ordered a Traxis #1260 speed control for the boat that I'll control with one of those little servos that came with the DX-6. I need a new battery. When Constellation sailed last July, the battery didn't just die, it failed and won't charge - it's a paper weight now.
JerryTodd is offline Find More Posts by JerryTodd