Old May 03, 2012, 04:28 PM
Find More Posts by dave1993
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon View Post
Is this a proven engineering fact or a urban legend collected on the internet ?
maybe not fact depending on what you mean but actual field range tests on my 9x w/frsky module. rssi and field strength meter was used as apposed to the more popular wag. anyway i appreciate the time you took to dig up those links but not one shows a radio with module installed ala turnigy/frsky.

when the handle extends significantly above the balun/decoupler part of the ducky there WILL be signal loss. not to mention distortion of that lovely toroidal polar plot many here are attached to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon View Post
Why is there that almost all of the big brand high end radios have a metal handle at the back of the case ?

You are telling me that Futaba, Jr, Hitec's etc. engineers a bunch of noobs that do make radios that by design have their output halved because of the handle they use ?

I'll stop here, you should get the picture...
well since you asked nicely i will get you one. it shows the extreme i had to go to in order to restore range compared to the common approach of poking a hole for rt angle adapter. you may continue to believe metal handles do not interfere with rf module antennas. im glad flysky saw fit to improve that aspect of their design.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993