Old May 02, 2012, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by hog2soar
Central California
Joined Jan 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by granada don View Post
Hi DW

If you can get to Cal. you really need to see Yosemite, when down on the valley floor the tall rocks that make up the park are amazing with all the water falls in the spring.

Go before summer as it gets hot like 95-100 in the valley and no wind to cool you off , so it is a bit cool at nite but spring is better plus the water falls are cooking from the snow melt.

This park is Mother Nature's best work with Yellowstone next on your list to see on your way home.

You could start by going to Monterey Bay then Big Sur to see the Redwood's then drive across the state and Yosemite then Old Faithfull etc.

Take 2 wks and you would have one hell of a neat trip, enjoy the beauty!!

G Don
G Don,

I agree. If you have never been to Yosemite,you have to go. My wife and I go there at least once a year for lunch. It's about a 2 hour drive from my house to the Valley floor. We went last year in the spring after all the rain and snow we had. Water falls everywhere. And there are all kinds of places to fly fish if you fly fish.

Sequoia National Park is nice also. Giant Redwoods and more fly fishing places. It's only an hour away.

Yellowstone is a MUST. And did I mention fly fishing. And if you go to Yellowstone,you have to go to the Teton's. There's something very spiritual there. At least for me.

Maybe we shoud have a sailplane fun contest in Yellowstone. And when we're not flying,we can go fly fishing

Dang,it makes me want to pack up the car and head out.

Eddie
hog2soar is offline Find More Posts by hog2soar