Find More Posts by BIG LACY
United States, FL, Orange Park
Joined Oct 2006
340 Posts
Sold Waco!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul J. Harris View Post
BL and Staggerflyer,

Thanks for the additional input. As I see it, battery placement is the biggest challenge for this conversion. The hatch project scares me as I am great at hacking up such undertakings. BL, I would be interested if you have posted any additional pictures of your battery placement in the forward cockpit, perhaps taken from behind the upper wing? Did either of you consider any other battery placement ideas? I have seen another similar model where the modeler inserts the batteries through the firewall with the cowling off. This has the advantage of preserving the scale look of the fuselage, but just how much trouble is cowling removal to change batteries?

Is there any possibility of inserting batteries through the bottom wing with the wing fairing plate removed? I know I will be able to answer a lot of these questions when my box arrives. Just brainstorming.

Paul
Hi Paul, although I sold my Waco,it was to a friend,and I can take more pic's when I see him.It's on display right now but will be flown again soon. If you check my first posts in this thread of the factory set up at seff,I went w/ first pics,that I posted. So I cut the hatch in as far reward as I could in front of the forward cockpit. Balances dead on. It will actually hover tho not scale at all. BL
BIG LACY is offline Find More Posts by BIG LACY