View Single Post
Old May 01, 2012, 10:10 AM
Find More Posts by RichardInBremWA
Save the Pieces!
United States, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2012
40 Posts
Hi From the Land of Wet and Wind!

Thanks for the welcome, Mick. As I mentioned in the title, it's been wet and windy here as of late so I do most of my flying indoors with my sub-micro Art-Tech Firefox. Like the 9958, it scoots pretty well, is pretty robust, and is fairly easy on the wallet for repairs. I don't hear it mentioned much by the Mainstream; I can only guess that it's not very popular or few have heard about it.

I'm already ahead of you regarding a smart charger; it's one of the items I'm ordering on Friday. As for the Genius CP, it's my long term goal to acquire one and to upgrade it to brushless.

I'm loving this new hobby so much I'm divesting myself of much of one of my other hobbies; Amateur Radio. Since I remarried eight years ago, I have precious little time for Ham radio. In fact, I haven't found the time to set up my station in the house we bought two years ago. One of the things I like most about model helicopters is I can steal a few moments each day to indulge myself. None of my other hobbies are that flexible.

Thanks again for the welcome and I look forward to everyone's reviews of their latest acquisitions!
RichardInBremWA is offline Find More Posts by RichardInBremWA