View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:41 PM
Find More Posts by Raycamaro
Joined Dec 2006
157 Posts
I flew my new Stratos today on low rates. It took off in less than 20 feet across my driveway. It flew pretty well but I will fly on high rates next time I try it. I live in a subdivision and am completely surrounded by trees. I have less than three hundred feet in which to fly until I get above them. I need the high rates to get it down in a tight circle to line it up with the road. It is pretty tough even though I will need to glue the front landing gear mount back on due to a rough landing on the road. My intention is to use it as a keychain or flycam1 camera plane to film the subdivision and the surrounding area. To date, it's the largest I've tried to fly here. My micro Cessna, J-3 Cub and Champ have had no problems here before. In case anybody is wondering, I'm not a beginner. I'm not very experienced but I have dozens of planes in the garage from micros to 6' wing span planes with some EDFs and Biplanes mixed in the bunch. Along with the Stratos, I flew my AR Drone 2.0, Blade MQX, MX2 and two Force RC helis today also.
Raycamaro is offline Find More Posts by Raycamaro