View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:20 PM
Find More Posts by Eagle202
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
I use FY31AP and Hornet OSD with no complaints. Though it's configuration is not as complete as RVOSD5 it is just as capable, the IMU and Art. Horizon are pretty good and fast, I do believe it's a little lighter and smaller. Plus RVOSD requires PPM which was the deal breaker for me because I wasn't going to spend another $50 for a PWM to PPM board.

I haven't had to rely on it yet, but I have tested my RTH quite a few times and it always comes right back to me, plus now that I have this new motor and prop and have gotten rid of vibrations I will really push the limits, my next flight I plan to climb until I have used up 2000mah of my 2700mah battery and see how high up I can get, I am guesstimating 6000 to 9000 feet, then see how long it takes to glide back down, I also plan to do a flight where I just go straight until RTH totally kicks in :P.
I see the value (and cost) of the RVOSD system. I'm nowhere near purchasing anything but I would like to start setting up a compare list with pros and cons when I finally pull the trigger on FPV.

Good luck with your new motor. Hope you make you height goal. As for the flying until the RTH kicks in. You may want to put a GPS tracker on that thing in case you lose power and it get lost.

Too bad no one has come up with an easy way to have a reserve battery kick in when the primary gets low. Now that would be something that might sell.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202