View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:46 PM
Find More Posts by Reef_rc
Joined May 2011
621 Posts
relatively slow thread and not much new maiden it seems based on the activity. Seems everyone is either flying theirs happily without much issues or have had major set back. Luckily I am the "happily" crowd .

Some recommedations for those who have not maiden theirs. Since the plane has a bad take-off tendency to steer left,I find the following helps me to be successful and hope this help others. It's really is a nice plane outside of a few bad traits which might steer others away.

With too many numerous flights to count with mine, I have to say it has gotten a lot easier once I settled on 10x8 prop, medium rates on elevator and rudder on take-offs and landings. I also find no bounce wheels help avoid scenarios I come in slightly too fast an the plane does a small hop. Take off with head winds is definitely a must have otherwise being a relatively small plane, she'll tend to steer herself that directtion whether you like it or not and at times it's not for the better (especially if you have concerte parking lot blocks in the way ).

Now back to replacing the motor I just burned out on my last flight today. Somehow the motor gave out on my last flight today. I could smell the burnt smell after the a last minute mayday landing.
Reef_rc is offline Find More Posts by Reef_rc