View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2012, 08:39 AM
Find More Posts by rcdude07
Joined Jul 2010
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryms View Post
Thanks for your help.

There is no throttle control, the minute I turn the gear it starts spinning is that correct? I checked wiring and it is all good. Could it be the servo not working? Is there a way to check it?
You can try plugging the tailrotor servo into a different channel on the RX, or if you have an extra RX and TX combo (with RX battery pack) plug the the tail rotor servo into this other RX and see if the servo works.

+1 on the slow throttle up, even if you throttle up the gyro should kick in and provide some minute inputs to the tailrotor. I'm willing to bet tail servo is bad OR it was plugged in backwards on the RX.

I can't tell from your vids if the tail rotor push rod is connected to the tail rotor and servo or not. Did you check that?

BTW, I have this little heli. Hovers well, sadly that's all I'm working on at the moment. I have about a dozen hover flights on it. I would recommend changing the leads on the ESC and battery(ies) to something other than stock. My stock charger crapped out on me 4 months ago and I just got the leads changed to verify the stock charger was crap.
rcdude07 is offline Find More Posts by rcdude07