View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:22 PM
Find More Posts by erkq
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
10,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodriven View Post
Finished my Sky Surfer build. I incorporated the standard mods like beefing up the wing spar and the tail boom with carbon, securing the wings with velcro, APC 6x4e prop, etc. Also a few new ones like moving the servos back and making the tail detachable for easier transport (might create a travel crate for it). AUW is around 995g. Using the stock brushless now but I've got an RCTimer BC2826-6 2200KV motor in the mail. That'll be a nice upgrade when it gets here. I still have some last minute things to do on it like paint the tip of the nose flat black but I plan to maiden her this weekend.

Feel free to chime in if you see anything on my plane that doesn't work. I'm an FPV newbie (flying LOS for 8 years though).
Is the battery mounted permanently? It looks like you have to split the fuse to get it out. This may not be an issue as I can get 55 minutes out of my 3000mAh battery pack, though that's set up for LOS flying only... light and not trying to get anywhere very fast. So... you just charge it in place?
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq