Thread: Question Dow Blue foam
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:26 AM
Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
7,142 Posts
Tack time was a couple mins, I suppose. As I said , first time I just put them together, no bond, still could move them around. After they tack-up, be very sure where you want that piece, as there is no second chance.

I took out my hot wire, and made a few cuts, exellent. Do drag, no sticking like when I had used the 3m-78/78. Sands great. I dont know about all foams, will try it on some white stuff I have this weekend.

Here's something you might know know about , at least the Owens pink, as I have used it. Surprisingly, here is a certain amout of water used in the process of making the foam. When I had bought it at HD, I wanted a "perfect sheet" so I dug down, and even though it was inside, lots of moisture betweeen sheets. Had them cut it there, and didn't glue it for a day or two. The pieces I had, where 12"x 66", and had started to bow. Had to use lots of weight to keep them straight/flat. That may apply to blue, also, or maybe just different climate areas.
On the safty side, I would cut and glue asap. Let us know how it worjed for you.

OK heres the link from the T-38 thread. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=287
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Last edited by CoolerByTheLake; Apr 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: addition