View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:56 AM
Find More Posts by flattermann
check the crazyplanes ...
Germany
Joined Dec 2006
327 Posts
Lanternfly, need some data:

-what's the exact wingspan of Your Delta?
-what's the exact flightweight including all extraloads (LED-chain, LiPo)?

My experience is:
The smaller the deltas, vectorized with GEN.I , have been (smallest 55"), the more problematic is the large distance between prop-position and CoG.
The negative effect is: Although You steer elevators full up when starting, at full throttle, the small Deltas get grounded - the motor power pulls it downwards. A nearly vetrical throw into the air could help then, when You start with full throttle.

As a result of this, I experimented with more dehidral by moving the tension bar fastening upwards in the GEN. I triangle. At least, for the smaller Deltas (-Deltaboxes), I made smaller triangle frames, so the Motor came around 5" deeper.

The best performers with the GEN. I unit have been my 10' - 12' deltas. They have so low air-resistance, that they could be flown with the GEN. I unit and it's motor by half throttle - have a look to indoor-/outdoor videos on my website:
www.crazyplanes.de/deltaxl.wmv
www.crazyplanes.de/deltaxl2.wmv
www.crazyplanes.de/deltagkite1.wmv
www.crazyplanes.de/deltaxxl5.wmv
www.crazyplanes.de/deltaxxl4.wmv
www.crazyplanes.de/vertigo.wmv

Fact is: The placement of Your LED - chains u n d e r the kite's skin has a negative aerodynamical effect.
... Would be not so bad If You could put them on topside, where they are not disturbing aerodynamics so much as they do on the reverse side.

flattermann
flattermann is offline Find More Posts by flattermann
Last edited by flattermann; Apr 20, 2012 at 06:15 AM.