WARNING: This started as a rumor-rant-speculative thread, about the radio that seems to be the first democratically designed radio in the history, based on a broad coopera(n)tion (R) between manufacturer and the end users.
Somewhere at page 181, post #2709 the thread was split into a new thread about the first result of these discussions.
The thread continue past that point with discussions about the second radio in pipe
Ok, so before wild rumors start spreading, as I seen in some recent threads, here are some specs of the future Frsky radio.
First, the main reason to post this, Frsky radio it is not related to rumored HK 9XR radio ! They share a single feature so far: both will be the first and at the beginning the only radios able to run Frsky future digital protocol PXX.
And now the specs:
- built-in module, while the other module (initial Futaba case, further specs were switched to JR case) can be connected externally. You can select which one of the two to work, or two at the same time to establish a two-module two-frequency (2.4 + other band) system. FrSky coming long range system module and TF module are also supported as external module. TF module is coming Frsky FASST compatible telemetry module.
- Number of channels: 12ch + 6ch (3+3 extensible)
- ARM M4 core processor (512K FLASH, 128K RAM)
- 212*64 LED back-light LCD
- Audio earphone output
- 32 native memories + SD card (data logger + extended memories)
- Free RTOS operation system/Fr GUI self-developed by FrSky
Any third-party development is welcome, and FrSky are willing to provide necessary hardware and software support. Protocol and diagram will be open to all, while source code will be open to qualified developers.
FrSky telemetry module with new PXX protocol
- Three modes selectable: V8 (non-telemetry 8ch), D8 (telemetry 8ch), D16 (telemetry 16ch)
- D16 mode: PXX only; support both Tx→Rx and Rx→Tx transparent telemetry transmission; support radio-side options for bind, range check, normal working, failsafe and model match
- PXX/PPM auto detect
Release date: season 3 2012 at announcement date, indefinite delayed as of January 2013
Price: reasonable and affordable
No pictures for now