Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by hondaboy92hatch
hondaboy92hatch
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2005
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacey View Post
If it's the 3,5m version then as stated the recommended CG is pretty much spot on in the aft part of the range. This model will thermal with the best of them and is a pleasure to fly, keep it light! I have mine kitted all out with bone stock standard Hitec servos. No switch, just a micro deans plug on a lead into rx. I use a small 800mah 2S Life battery so I can fit it anywhere and focussed on getting the lead required properly moulded into a pellet that fits right up into the nose, get the weight as forward possible rather than trying to work your way around a battery up there. If done this way you'll need about 750~800grams of lead in the nose with a small slot to accept the tow rope tunnel, if memory serves (Sorry been flying it quite a while now).

Handle the aeroplane with respect! It's not meant to be flown hard at all. High speed at high altitude and a blip of elevator and you will fly the wings off this one (We found out the hard way).

Lastly, we simply deflect the ailerons up (reflex) as much as possible proportionally on the throttle stick for brakes. Works very very well to slow down for the landings if a bit hot.
Thanks for the great tips. I will have one of these on order in 2 weeks after I get paid. My salto is cool but hard to see.
hondaboy92hatch is online now Find More Posts by hondaboy92hatch