Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by cactus
Micro FPVer
United States, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2001
6,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBennett View Post
We were all spoilt by the mCP-X which was completely revolutionary (both a micro CP that actually worked AND a CP that could survive a crash; two previously impossible abilities). The 130x, 300x and 500x are just evolutionary improvements when we were hoping for something magical.
I have flown 550 class helis all the way down to the mSr but when I got my hands on the V1 mcpX last spring I sold everything else and it's all I fly now. I am a sport flyer and don't get much chance to go to flying field so I need something small that won't bother neighbors. My only complaint about my mcpX is it has no power at 7000ft and it gets really small quickly on speed runs up and down my street. When I saw the 130x I was thinking it would fit my needs perfect. The 300 looks sweet, but to me it looks loud and would result in crash damage similar to a Trex 250 or 450 size bird. The 130x appears to resemble an mcpX and with lighter mass might survive better. I have only crashed my mcpX once in a whole year and had no parts to replace. I'm going to watch this one closely!
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus