Originally Posted by shdwkeeper
Finally got my HT-FPV quad level and pretty stable without touching the AcceBias settings.
Here is what I did:
1) Reset all settings in Openpilot GCS and on CC board.
2) Reconfigured my transmitter (Futaba 9c with DM8) and made sure to all settings were default.
3) Switch the throttle to reverse mode ("Futaba Only" Setting I believe)
4) Made sure all settings on transmitter were 100%/100%.
5) Re-set the ESCs for the Maximum and Minimum throttle settings, then re-binded the receiver with transmitter, according to DM8 Manual.
6) Set EXP mode to -20% on Pitch/Roll & Yaw (Futaba is -20, other transmitters would probably be +20)
7) Setup Openpilot, recalibrate the controller, once all values in Openpilot are set, than place Quad on level surface and hit the LEVEL button. Quad should be perfectly level in flightmode window.
8) In Stabilization panel I used the settings attached, thanks to Vantasstic
9) Fly quad
Mine is VERY VERY LEVEL NOW. A little left and right drifting, but that could be the wind.
Hope this helps
Ok, so I started from scratch again and followed these steps and copied the same settings you got from Van. Lo and behold it was flying perfectly level without touching the accelbias!
The yaw response is a bit mushy for my tastes and I feel like I need to do a bit of fine tuning but man, this got me closer to where I want to be more anything else I have tried with the CC thus far. Thanks for sharing that, and thanks to Van as well.