Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:09 PM
Find More Posts by camship
Resistance is Futile
United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by francoishaha View Post
Thanks again, i will certenly buy one of these UBEC, you are totally right, i wont try to save few dollars for risking losing all the equipment

I suppose the UBEC goes directly to the Receiver in the battery input and the BEC from the ESC, goes in the OSD

i check the ESC spec and it's 3amp esc 60amps, seem to be fair enough dont you think?
Use one either the UBEC or your ESC connected BEC. Do not use both. It will be a very bad thing if both are connected.

You can disable the BEC on your ESC by removing the red wire pin from the plug that normally plugs into your receiver and using some shrink wrap or insulated tape to secure it so it will not touch anything and burn up some expensive stuff. You will still be plugging it into the OSD Pro throttle out.

If you choose to use the UBEC it will plug into your receiver just like you normally would. If all your receiver slots are full you can use a "y" servo cable to plug it into any of your servo slots. The power for the OSD Pro comes from your receiver connections and your eLogger.

Do you have a name and model number for your ESC? I am really curious about the detached BEC arrangement.

Good Luck,

Rob
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship