Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:35 PM
Find More Posts by gregory.da
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Honestly Waldo, all of my 3D planes have the CG set just a hair nose heavy. That's where I like to fly them as they tend to track, land and balloon a lot less and it seems to have no detrimental effect on performing any 3D moves. However, this of course is always a matter of personal preference so by all means, experiment
+1 on the tad on the nose heavy side. If it's good enough for world champion Andrew Jesky it good enough for me.

On a side note, I went up to Urbana, Ohio Sunday and got to see a large number of B-25's fly-in and practice for a fly-in at WPAB next week to celebrate the remaining Doolittle raiders. How cool to see these beauties up close and personal and to get a chance to see them takeoff and land and do flybys down low. These came in from all over the USA, and they had some on static display with the bomb doors open and loaded for bear. I counted 19 with a few more still in route. A P-51 did a low flyby about 30' off the ground and then landed to join the fun. Windy as hell, crosswind of 30-40mph gust, but it didn't seem to bother them except for a few wing rocks on landing approach. What a day!
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da