View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:59 PM
Find More Posts by token44
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Apr 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jv8 View Post
According to HH the 130X weighs 107g and the 300X weighs 491g.

In a worse case accident with spinning knives heading toward your face, you don't think 5 times the mass makes an objective difference in safety?
Not really. A worst case scenario is rarely an objective way of looking at things.
The logic you provided would also say that the only Blade heli that should ever be flown is a Scout CX. At 17 grams it would be capable of the least amount of "facial damage". Or ideally, no RC helis should ever be flown because of the risk of personal injury.

Personally, I fly RC helis, not into my face mind you, and have made the decision that I am willing to accept the risk that entails. I also ride a motorcycle, and drive a drag car. Both of those activities present a possible risk, but are ones that I have chosen to accept. Of course, I wear a helmet while riding my bike, and while at the track, and I have an 8 point roll cage welded into the car to help mitigate some risk, but I am not convinced that I require any personal protective equipment to fly RC helis.
token44 is offline Find More Posts by token44