View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:07 PM
ottogiro58 is offline
Find More Posts by ottogiro58
Registered User
Joined Apr 2007
367 Posts
Hi Branded, Hard to say what went wrong, but I can let you know how I did my blades. First of all, I had a helper on hand to assist. I placed the depron blades on a flat surface (on wax paper) and tack glued the carbon rods in place at six spots. Then (keeping the blade flat) the helper and I carefully applied clear packing tape to one side, an inch or so short of the inner edge to leave room for hub assembly. If you have to redo a blade, the cheap Dollar Store clear packing tape can be lifted and repositioned with some care and effort. We carefully folded it over and the excess was trimmed off the tip. The plan calls for a 3mm shim block to be glued to one side of the blade, but I glued a block to each side of the blade, opposite from each other. This allows the hub plates to sit properly and more squarely than one block per blade would have. The blades were assembled to the hub after the carbon rods were taped in place. I also used 6mm hub plates (more or less square) for extra strength. I hope this information helps. I have upgraded to a Park 340 (1700KV), 20 amp ESC and a 2S 850mah Lipo, so my ship is now weighing in @ 9 oz. Flight duration should be increased. I hope to test fly this new power combo first thing in the morning. I will post the results tomorrow. Good luck with the blade/hub construction, Branded !!! Charlie
ottogiro58 is offline Find More Posts by ottogiro58
Reply With Quote