Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:27 PM
Find More Posts by nkkromhof
NKK for short...
United States, IN, Mitchell
Joined Oct 2010
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelator View Post
I don't think they're actually being sold yet, but from Alishamo's videos they look awesome. Perfect for people who just want an easy way to fly around at close range through video and don't really want to spent the time and money building an FPV system from scratch.
I kind of like that there's a learning curve and a price tag involved with flying FPV, I don't think that shortcuts like these will do the FPV community at large any favors.
At a time when FPV is coming under more and more scrutiny it would probably be better in many ways if it didn't become accessible for people who don't have a lot of time invested through research and practice, etc.

Some kid is going to crash his toy into traffic and cause a wreck or in some other way harm is going to come from people flying without knowing what they're doing and it's going to reflect poorly on the FPV community.

I understand that with it becoming something that you can buy at Walmart (figuratively speaking) also comes more acceptance from the public at large, but I think the cons outweigh the pros in this case.
nkkromhof is offline Find More Posts by nkkromhof